- 8 ounces Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 8 ounces Smoked Gouda
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 7 ounces Pimento Peppers canned, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Chef Greg's 4 Letter Rub
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 14 slices White Bread
- Non-Stick Cooking Mat
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Cheese Grater
- Rubber spatula
- Place the blocks of cheese in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to ensure they are very cold. This will help during the smoking process.
- Preheat recteq to "lo", the grill should be around 180℉.
- Place the cold cheese blocks on a non-stick cooking mat or a wire rack, add to the recteq and smoke for 30-45 minutes. If the cheese starts to become soft, place the cheese back into the freezer to firm up. This process can be repeated 2-3 times if you want for more smoke flavor. Allow the cheese to cool completely in the refrigerator.
** For maximum smoke flavor wrap the cheese tightly and allow the cheese to age in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
In a large mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, drained pimiento peppers, Worcestershire sauce, Chef Greg's 4 Letter Rub, and cayenne pepper; mix well with a rubber spatula.
Using a box grater, grate all the smoked cheese into the mayonnaise mixture, mix well with a rubber spatula.
To build your sandwiches, cut the crust off the sliced white bread, and add 1/2 cup of the smoked pimiento cheese on the white bread, evenly spread across the bread and top with another slice of bread. Cut the sandwich across to create nice triangle shapes.
These delightful sandwiches would go perfectly with a blooming onion and a fresh, crisp salad.