This grilled broccoli salad is kicked up a notch with dried cranberries, a squeeze of lemon, and a healthy dose of Greek yogurt to make this a delicious, hearty salad. It's the perfect side-kick to any main course, hot off the grill.
- 4 heads Broccoli
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoon Ben's Heffer Dust
- 1 pound Bacon
- 1 Red Onion, julienne
- 1 pound Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Cranberries
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chef Greg's 4 Letter Rub
- Mesh Cooking Mat
- Cutting Board
- Large Spoon
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Preheat recteq to 350°F with sear kit flat side down.
- Lay the bacon flat on the mesh cooking mat, season with Ben's Heffer Dust, and grill for 15-20 minutes until nice and crispy. Remove and let cool.
- Turn the recteq up to 375°F.
- On the cutting board; slice broccoli heads in half from stem to crown (top). Season with olive oil and 2 tablespoons of Ben's Heffer Dust.
- Place cut side down on sear kit. Grill for 12-15 minutes, then flip and cook for another 8-10 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl; add cheddar cheese, cranberries, red onion, two tablespoons of white sugar, and juice from lemon.
- Once broccoli and bacon have cooled, cut the crowns (tops) off the broccoli, chop bacon, add to the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add the Greek Yogurt, Chef Greg's 4 Letter Rub, and remaining Ben's Heffer Dust. Mix until well incorporated.
- Set salad in refrigerator for at least 20-30 minutes before serving.
Try out our mouthwatering Arnold Palmer Chicken to go with this sweet and savory broccoli salad. You can't go wrong with that!