Having a hankering for your Grandma's mac n' cheese? This delicious recipe cooked on your recteq may be better than hers. Just don't tell her we said so!
- 6 cups shredded cheese (mild cheddar and/or sharp)
- 16 ounces of elbow macaroni
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- Preheat recteq to 375ºF.
- Boil elbow macaroni.
- Layer pan with macaroni, then shredded cheese, more macaroni, and more shredded cheese.
- In a large cup, mix the evaporated milk, eggs, salt, pepper, and red pepper together until the eggs are completely mixed.
- Pour milk mixture over the mac n cheese and grill for 45-60 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
As we all know that in the South, mac n' cheese is loosely considered a "vegetable." So, we suggest serving this up with actual veggies like roasted root vegetables, a crisp salad, or some sautéed green beans.