- 8 strips Bacon, chopped
- 1 pound Ground Beef 80/20
- 1 cup White Onion, diced
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chef Greg's 4 Letter Rub
- 2 tablespoons Ben's Heffer Dust
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 4 ounces Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Kosher Pickles, chopped
- Cast Iron Skillet or Dutch Oven
- Preheat recteq to 375°F with a cast iron skillet.
- Add the chopped bacon to the cast iron skillet and allow to become crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to drain on a paper towel.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until no longer pink, breaking into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon. Remove from the skillet and drain well.
- Wipe out any excess grease from the skillet, add the diced onion and cook just until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the beef, bacon, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, Worcestershire, rubs, ketchup, and mustard, mix. Allow the mixture to smoke for 35-40 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from the recteq and top the skillet with the additional cheese and chopped pickles.
This tasty dip can be paired with the heartiest of kettle potato chips, toasted bread, or your favorite corn chips!