- Vidalia Onions
- 6 Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Italian Bread Crumbs
- 3 cups AP Flour
- ¼ cup Onion Powder
- ¼ cup Garlic Powder
- 1/8 cup Paprika
- ¼ cup Ben’s Heffer Dust
- Trim the tops of the onions off, peel, and make sure to keep the root intact.
- Cut from the top of the onion to about ¼ inch from the root, creating 12 equal sections.
- Soak in cold water for 60 minutes to allow the onion to bloom open.
- Add all ingredients to create the flour dredge. Shake the onion in the flour mixture to be sure to get flour in between each onion segment.
- Dip the floured onion in the egg wash, then evenly coat in bread crumbs.
- Preheat recteq® to 425°F.
- Add the onions on a non-stick grill mat and cook for about 30-40 minutes until golden brown and delicious.
- Note: Spray with butter during the cook for an even more crisp texture.