BBQ Onion Bombs
- 2 yellow onions
- 1lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp spicy ketchup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 pack of bacon
- 1 bottle of recteq BBQ sauce
- Cut off the tops and bottoms of the onions and remove the exterior skin.
- Cut the onion in half and peel the layers apart; keep the biggest layers to stuff with meat.
- Setting the onion layers aside, mix the ground beef, diced onion, parsley, mushroom, brown sugar, condiments, and bread crumbs in a large mixing bowl by hand.
- Place a handful of the meatloaf mixture inside two of the onion layer pieces.
- Wrap the onion meatballs in bacon, using three slices per ball.
- Secure the bacon with toothpicks to keep it from unraveling during cooking.
- Preheat the recteq to 425℉ and smoke for 40 minutes.
- Cover in BBQ sauce and cook for additional 5 minutes.