Bacon Cheeseburger Chowder
- 4lbs. ground beef
- 1lb. bacon
- 1/4 cup Ben's Heffer Dust
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 2.5lbs. potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 144oz chicken stock
- 24oz crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2lbs. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pre-heat the Matador over medium heat.
- Render the bacon until crisp, then move to the Front Row and drain excess grease.
- Add the ground beef and cook through, draining excess grease.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, and potatoes, then sauté until the vegetables are slightly tender.
- Add the flour and garlic, stirring to create a roux.
- Add the tomato, stock, and Worcestershire sauce, then simmer for 15-18 minutes.
- Add the cream and return to a simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the cheddar cheese, stirring to make sure the cheese doesn't clump.