Apple Cake With Caramel Glaze
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups apples - finely chopped
- 1 cup pecans - chopped
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat REC TEC grill at 350°F.
- Beat eggs into sugar one at a time until fluffy.
- Add oil and beat well.
- Stir this wet mixture into the sifted dry ingredients and blend well.
- Add vanilla, apples, and nuts.
- Mix until just incorporated, do not over mix this; the mixture will be very dense and thick - do not add additional liquid.
- Grease a Bundt pan and add mixture.
- Place on REC TEC grill for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until done; the outside should be crusty and a toothpick will come out clean when cake is completely cooked.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a saucepan and heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Poke small holes in the cake for the glaze to seep into.
- Slowly spoon the glaze on the cake.
- Served warm but can be eaten cold.
- Glaze recipe can be doubled depending on preference.