RT-700 Wood Pellet Grill
- Temperature Controls
- Construction Features
- Power Source
- Fuel Source
- Customer Care
THIS AIN’T NO GAME.
The RT-700 is the gold standard in pellet grilling, and you won’t find more bang for your buck anywhere or at any price. By focusing on flavor, convenience, and versatility, the RT-700 makes all other grills obsolete. Additionally, our commitment to superior build quality, components, warranty, temperature control, and customer service ensures that you get everything you pay for out of your grill. In short, there isn’t a grill anywhere in the vicinity of this price point that offers the quality of a recteq®. Our factory direct pricing eliminates the middleman, changes the game, and makes you the winner. With all the flavor and none of the hassle, recteq® offers better flavor than charcoal and are more convenient than gas. You can bake, smoke, sear, grill, and even dehydrate, all with the push of a button. It’s that easy! That’s why those in the know own a recteq®.
Below are some undisputed facts that prove why recteq® Wood Pellet Grills are the premier grill in the industry:
1. Build Quality
This grill is built like a tank. recteq® utilizes a combination of high-quality stainless steel designed to last a lifetime. They feature a commonsense design that doesn’t have gimmicky features that create weak points, making our grills something you can pass down to your family as a cherished heirloom filled with years of memories. The ultimate outdoor grill by a mile, we encourage you to buy once and buy right instead of buying inferior products over and over.
recteq® features stainless steel grates, firepots, heat deflectors, and drip pans. They also include a stainless steel logo and smoke cap, with stainless steel hardware as well. We have never in the history of our company had a firepot fail on us; we’ve even driven over it with a dump truck and a steamroller (we’re not kidding)! Additionally, we added an interior light for those late-night cooks. recteq® also utilizes a ceramic ignitor rod that won’t rust or corrode that’s been rated for up to 100,000 lighting cycles.
recteq® offers the best warranty in the industry, bar none. The RT-700 comes with a 6-year bumper-to-bumper warranty that is absolutely unmatched by anyone in the industry. If you encounter a problem, we’re going to make it right. It’s the right thing to do, and it’s that simple.
4. Temperature Control
With the most precise controller on the market, our proprietary Smart Grill Technology™ is designed to maintain temperatures to your desired set point. Also, with WiFi capability, you can control your grill from virtually anywhere! This gives you unmatched control, flexibility, and precision. With your recteq® reliably holding temperature, you can cook anything you want without worrying about the wild temperature swings that competitor pellet grills struggle with.
5. Customer Service
You simply will not find a company that offers better customer service than recteq®. Would you believe that each customer receives both co-founders’ cell phone numbers with their purchase? Well it’s true, and it’s our duty to make you feel as if you’ve truly become part of the recteq® family.
We encourage you to read them. They truly speak for themselves.
With world-class grills, world-class customer service, and world-class customers, it’s time to take your grilling game to the next level!
- Smart Grill Technology™ Controller | Proprietary PID algorithm maintains temperature precisely
- WiFi Technology | Control and monitor your grill remotely from your wireless device
- Automatic lighting feature | No messy charcoal or unsafe fire starters
- Automatic shutdown feature | Enter cool down mode with the push of a button
- 200ºF to 500ºF in 5º increments | Bake, smoke, sear, grill, broil, roast, and even dehydrate
- Dual meat probes (Probe A, Probe B) | Monitor 2 cooks simultaneously
- LO setting | Xtreme smoke operates under 200ºF achieving maximum smoke output
- FULL setting | Allows you to achieve temperatures above 500ºF
- Stainless steel cooking chamber | No paint to fade, flake, or fail
- Iconic micro polished stainless steel bull horn handles | Feel the trademarked recteq® quality
- Stainless steel towel ring | Conveniently hang your towel
- Stainless steel controller shelf | Holds a large platter or dish | Protects critical components
- Stainless steel hopper lid | Doubles as a warming surface
- Stainless steel hopper lid handles | For easy access from either side of your grill
- Stainless steel hopper lid piano hinge | Worry free operation for the lifetime of your grill
- Stainless steel recteq® logo | Proof recteq® takes pride in even the smallest detail
- Stainless steel fail-proof lid stops | Will withstand the weight of the lid without buckling, bending, or breaking
- Stainless steel spill proof bucket hook | Keep grease bucket from getting knocked off
- Stainless steel smokestack cap | Holds up to higher temperatures and will last a lifetime
- Stainless steel pull bar handle | Allows you to easily move your grill
- High temperature powder coated lid | Heavy duty | Cleans easily to maintain a vibrant, new appearance
- Rollerblade style wheels and locking casters | Easily move and lock your grill in place
- 40 lb. hopper capacity | Up to 40+ hours of continuous cooking
- Bottom shelf | Provides storage and stability
- 4 snag-free tool hooks | Keeps cooking tools at an arm's reach
- 702 sq. in. cooking area | Enough headroom for multiple turkeys and beer can chicken | Fits 6 large racks of ribs
- 1054 sq. in. cooking area with optional large 2nd shelf | More space means more food
- Interior light | Easily removable dishwasher safe glass lens | Grill day or night
- 2 grill grates made from 1/4" 304 stainless steel rod | Lasts the lifetime of your grill | Easy to remove and clean
- Centered 304 stainless steel firepot | Indestructible | Won't fail
- 304 stainless steel heat deflector with integrated smoke tray | Evenly distributes heat throughout cooking chamber
- 304 stainless steel drip pan | Funnels grease out of the cooking chamber into the drip bucket for an easy cleanup
- HotFlash Ceramic Ignition System | Rated at over 100,000 cycles | Nearly 300 years of grilling
- Heavy duty stainless steel hardware | Won't rust, corrode, or fail
- High temperature RTV caulk | Keeps moisture out of grilling chamber
- Probe port hole | No pinching probe wires in your lid
- Rubber grommets on all wire ports | Prevents wire chafing
- Integrated heat vents | Protects electronics from heat
- Modular construction | Allows for individual component replacement
- Component access panel | Easily access components
- 110 Volt AC GFCI Outlet | NEC compliant safety standard
- 100% natural hardwood pellets | Gives great flavor, burns cleanly, and produces little ash
- Ships directly to your home | FREE shipping
- 6 Year Warranty | Industry leading
- recteq® world-class customer service | Unmatched individualized customer satisfaction
If you are not fully satisfied with your recteq®, return it within 30 days and we will refund your purchase price. We are confident that you will love your new recteq®.
Ratings & Reviews
absolutely love my 700
Paul Baudry -
Coming from a Cajun Grill, this is my first smoker and find it wonderful. Since receiving it, I have smoked 3 briskets, 2 lamb roasts, 2 rack of lambs, countless pizzas and a few other items. It has gone beyond my expectations of how it would be. Although it wasn’t a necessity, I installed some high temp foam on the lid to keep the smoke in. That’s my only gripe about it is that there wasn’t a gasket on it. Other than that, the build quality is top notch. I fully recommend it to anyone wanting a smoker
Absolutely perfect for the price
I am extremely satisfied with this grill after owning it for several months now. I did have to offset the temperature readout on the controller after testing the temperature with a separate grill thermometer but once dialed in for the Kingsford pellets I am using, it has been perfect.
The grill holds temperature very well. The build quality is superior to other lesser expensive grills I've seen like the Traeger and pit bosses. The wifi app works well. I use it every time I cook and it hasn't given me any trouble so far. I purchased some searing grates from grillgrates.com since Recteq didn't have theirs available for order and they are perfect. In my opinion, also a must have. This pellet grill smokes more than others I know with competing brands. I would recommend this grill to anyone looking for a stand up option that'll last!
ABSOLUTLY top of the line!
Doug Malawey -
I have never been more impressed with a product. This thing is extremely well-built, and incredibly well-engineered. There are some big names in wood pellet smokers out there, and I don't have to mention them for anyone reading this to know who they are. If Rec Tec isn't at the top of that list yet, they will be soon!
I personally bought the RT - 700. When I grill or smoke or barbecue, I like to have leftovers for days. I also like to entertain so I wanted a grill / smoker that I could put a pile of meat on. And I wanted the cold smoke box as well.
The product itself is incredible, and their latest products, along with the PID controller, are Wi-Fi capable. I work in the maintenance industry, and anything heat-related has a PID controller on it, because they're accurate and dependable. And it works exactly like it supposed to on this wood pellet smoker as well. And I have to say, while it isn't a necessity, it was rather entertaining and comforting, to be able to watch the smoker temperature remain steady, and the internal temperature of my tenderloins that I had in the smoker this weekend, from the meat probes that were stuck in them, while I was at the movie theater with the family. Don't worry, I was in the very back row and the brightness on my phone was turned down very low. LOL but yes I could see the smoker remained at a constant temperature and I could watch the internal meat temperature slowly climbing. And while I didn't need to, I could have also adjusted the smoker temperature from my phone.
Most important to me, as if that wasn't already enough, their customer service was what convinced me 100% that I was going with the right product and company. First of all before I spend this kind of money on anything I do my research. I couldn't find anything negative said about the company, the product, or their customer service. And in fact I ran across various comments and forums that talked about the excellent customer service, which is probably one of the most important things to me. You can have the world's greatest product, but if a company can't stand behind it or support you, I don't want anything to do with it. In trying to make a decision, I generated several questions on the morning I was getting ready to call in an order for my RT- 700 even before they were available yet. I wound up calling Rec Tec 5 times that morning. Each time I called somebody different answered the phone. Additionally each time I called, the person who answered was very friendly, took their time and made sure I understood the answer to my question completely. And after the fifth time, I apologize for bothering them so much that morning, and they reassured me no bother at all, to call anytime. So I placed my order and was like a kid at Christmas time waiting on Santa Claus.
Jumping ahead, after using my Rec Tec pellet smoker the first time, I had some questions about technique. I was used to the old manual smokers, where I built the small charcoal fire in the bottom, and then fed water soaked hickory bark in the bottom of it for about 4 hours. The meat always turned out excellent! I will say for me and probably anybody else who is used to smoking that way, that there was a little bit of a learning curve about temperature and time, and wrapping in foil or not. It was Sunday and I didn't want to bother the guys, but I left an inquiry on their website. The following Monday morning I got a call from Adam, who spoke with me extensively on the phone, about various temperatures and techniques that worked well. And specifically regarding ribs he talked to me about the 3 2 1 technique. You'll have to ask him about it. But I was telling a friend of mine everything that I've said here, and more, and he was chuckling and impressed, that Adam called me back and spent 15 minutes on the phone with me talking about barbecuing. That's customer service!
If you haven't figured it out by now, I'll tell you. If you invest in a Rec Tec, you will not regret it. These guys are tops!
Acclaimed Customer Service was less than expected
Michael McManus -
I searched up and down and everywhere for the right pellet grill over the last several years. When it finally came time to finalize the selection the R-700 had started shipping.
I really liked the color and the controller capabilities. I also kept hearing about the great customer service. I have owned the RT-700 for approximately 5 weeks now. My unit shipped with a defective WIFI controller - it happens. I quickly contacted Customer Service via phone - this was a Saturday - and some did try to help me. It turned out I needed to talk to a technician on Monday and was told I would get a call then. No call on Monday so I finally called THEM back. I was told a technician would call me back. That did happen and he quickly determined I needed a new controller. I was also told that some goodies would be shipped my way to help offset the inconvenience.
They did ship me a new controller. However I received no instructions and no additional call. Fortunately, I'm hand enough with electronics that I figured out the shelf disassembly to remove the old controller, hook up the connections to the new controller and put everything back together. Success. Though a pretty big leap of faith that the average customer would be able to do this with no guidance, no instructions.
I received no follow call. I received none of the goodies. To be clear, I don't care about the goodies as much as care about a company doing what they said they would do.
I love this grill, however, I was less than satisfied with the customer service experience.
After reading numerous reviews I decided to purchase the 700 and man I glad I did. All the food has been extremely flavorful and moist can’t wait to try a beef brisket.
Mason Waters -
I would Recommend the RecTec to everyone.
all expetatins met
had a kamado before. this is the first pellet smoker ive owned. the grill was easy to set up everything fit perfectly. first cook was a pork shoulder. brought it to movie night at my cigar club. everyone was impressed especially since ive never made a pork butt before. Even the texans stated it was first rate. im a total fan
all I can say is HELL YEAH!
Bobby Beckmann -
don't think twice just buy it! The RT-700 is the best damn smoker/grill out there cooks perfect every time, RECTEQ has a winner with this one.
Bill Basham -
I was so excited to get this uni and became more so as I put it together. I appeared well built and sturdy which it pretty much is. Two things that kept it from being perfect and getting five stars are
1. I ordered the cart and an extra shelve which were not shipped. When I called I was told that the cart would be here in July and the shelf sometime in June. I wish I had been informed of this at the onset. Would it have changed my purchase? I am not sure.
2. It appears that the lid on my machine is bent on the left side which allows smoke to escape and causes the outside to discolor a lot on that side.
This is a great piece of equipment, almost perfect!
almost perfect grill.
robert chiasson -
Don’t get me wrong I love my Rec Tec ! The only issue I have is , and I knew this going into my purchase , was that I wouldn’t be able to sear . That’s my only issue .
I bought my grill decked out with the competition base , the front shelf and the cold smoker . Use it every weekend since I’ve had it . Maybe Rec tec comes out with a sear
Component that somehow mounts to the grill ? Make it available and I’m all over it!
The Bull is Amazing! Easy to maintain the perfect temperature and very convenient! NO FLARE UPS Lile my old gas grill..... I can actually walk away from it!
Highly recommend to anyone.