RT-700 Wood Pellet Grill
- Temperature Controls
- Construction Features
- Power Source
- Fuel Source
- Customer Care
THIS AIN’T NO GAME.
The RT-700 is the gold standard in pellet grilling, and you won’t find more bang for your buck anywhere or at any price. By focusing on flavor, convenience, and versatility, the RT-700 makes all other grills obsolete. Additionally, our commitment to superior build quality, components, warranty, temperature control, and customer service ensures that you get everything you pay for out of your grill. In short, there isn’t a grill anywhere in the vicinity of this price point that offers the quality of a recteq. Our factory direct pricing eliminates the middleman, changes the game, and makes you the winner. With all the flavor and none of the hassle, recteq offers better flavor than charcoal and are more convenient than gas. You can bake, smoke, sear, grill, and even dehydrate, all with the push of a button. It’s that easy! That’s why those in the know own a recteq.
Below are some undisputed facts that prove why recteq Wood Pellet Grills are the premier grill in the industry:
1. Build Quality
This grill is built like a tank. recteq utilizes a combination of high-quality stainless steel designed to last a lifetime. They feature a commonsense design that doesn’t have gimmicky features that create weak points, making our grills something you can pass down to your family as a cherished heirloom filled with years of memories. The ultimate outdoor grill by a mile, we encourage you to buy once and buy right instead of buying inferior products over and over.
recteq features stainless steel grates, firepots, heat deflectors, and drip pans. They also include a stainless steel logo and smoke cap, with stainless steel hardware as well. We have never in the history of our company had a firepot fail on us; we’ve even driven over it with a dump truck and a steamroller (we’re not kidding)! Our automated self-cleaning shutdown mode virtually eliminates the need to clean our firepots. Additionally, we added an interior light for those late-night cooks. recteq also utilizes a ceramic ignitor rod that won’t rust or corrode that’s been rated for up to 100,000 lighting cycles.
recteq offers the best warranty in the industry, bar none. The RT-700 comes with a 6-year bumper-to-bumper warranty that is absolutely unmatched by anyone in the industry. If you encounter a problem, we’re going to make it right. It’s the right thing to do, and it’s that simple.
4. Temperature Control
With the most precise controller on the market, our proprietary Smart Grill Technology™ is designed to maintain temperatures to your desired set point. Also, with WiFi capability, you can control your grill from virtually anywhere! This gives you unmatched control, flexibility, and precision. With your recteq reliably holding temperature, you can cook anything you want without worrying about the wild temperature swings that competitor pellet grills struggle with.
5. Customer Service
You simply will not find a company that offers better customer service than recteq. Would you believe that each customer receives both co-founders’ cell phone numbers with their purchase? Well it’s true, and it’s our duty to make you feel as if you’ve truly become part of the recteq family.
We encourage you to read them. They truly speak for themselves.
With world-class grills, world-class customer service, and world-class customers, it’s time to take your grilling game to the next level!
- Smart Grill Technology™ Controller | Proprietary PID algorithm maintains temperature precisely
- WiFi Technology | Control and monitor your grill remotely from your wireless device
- Automatic lighting feature | No messy charcoal or unsafe fire starters
- Automatic shutdown feature | Enter cool down mode with the push of a button
- 200ºF to 500ºF in 5º increments | Bake, smoke, sear, grill, broil, roast, and even dehydrate
- Dual meat probes (Probe A, Probe B) | Monitor 2 cooks simultaneously
- LO setting | Xtreme smoke operates under 200ºF achieving maximum smoke output
- FULL setting | Allows you to achieve temperatures above 500ºF
- Stainless steel cooking chamber | No paint to fade, flake, or fail
- Iconic micro polished stainless steel bull horn handles | Feel the trademarked recteq quality
- Stainless steel towel ring | Conveniently hang your towel
- Stainless steel controller shelf | Holds a large platter or dish | Protects critical components
- Stainless steel hopper lid | Doubles as a warming surface
- Stainless steel hopper lid handles | For easy access from either side of your grill
- Stainless steel hopper lid piano hinge | Worry free operation for the lifetime of your grill
- Stainless steel recteq logo | Proof recteq takes pride in even the smallest detail
- Stainless steel fail-proof lid stops | Will withstand the weight of the lid without buckling, bending, or breaking
- Stainless steel spill proof bucket hook | Keep grease bucket from getting knocked off
- Stainless steel smokestack cap | Holds up to higher temperatures and will last a lifetime
- Stainless steel pull bar handle | Allows you to easily move your grill
- High temperature powder coated lid | Heavy duty | Cleans easily to maintain a vibrant, new appearance
- Rollerblade style wheels and locking casters | Easily move and lock your grill in place
- 40 lb. hopper capacity | Up to 40+ hours of continuous cooking
- Bottom shelf | Provides storage and stability
- 4 snag-free tool hooks | Keeps cooking tools at an arm's reach
- 702 sq. in. cooking area | Enough headroom for multiple turkeys and beer can chicken | Fits 6 large racks of ribs
- 1054 sq. in. cooking area with optional large 2nd shelf | More space means more food
- Interior light | Easily removable dishwasher safe glass lens | Grill day or night
- 2 grill grates made from 1/4" 304 stainless steel rod | Lasts the lifetime of your grill | Easy to remove and clean
- Centered 304 stainless steel firepot | Indestructible | Won't fail
- 304 stainless steel heat deflector with integrated smoke tray | Evenly distributes heat throughout cooking chamber
- 304 stainless steel drip pan | Funnels grease out of the cooking chamberinto the drip bucket for an easy cleanup
- HotFlash Ceramic Ignition System | Rated at over 100,000 cycles | Nearly 300 years of grilling
- Heavy duty stainless steel hardware | Won't rust, corrode, or fail
- High temperature RTV caulk | Keeps moisture out of grilling chamber
- Probe port hole | No pinching probe wires in your lid
- Rubber grommets on all wire ports | Prevents wire chafing
- Integrated heat vents | Protects electronics from heat
- Modular construction | Allows for individual component replacement
- Component access panel | Easily access components
- 110 Volt AC GFCI Outlet | NEC compliant safety standard
- 100% natural hardwood pellets | Gives great flavor, burns cleanly, and produces little ash
- Ships directly to your home | FREE shipping
- 6 Year Warranty | Industry leading
- recteq world-class customer service | Unmatched individualized customer satisfaction
If you are not fully satisfied with your recteq, return it within 30 days and we will refund your purchase price. We are confident that you will love your new recteq.
Ratings & Reviews
A solid Beast
The bull is made of quality stuff. Just take a comparison (look, touch and feel) with the competition at the local store. You get what you pay for!!
A versatile grill for feeding just the family or hosting medium sized parties.
Tony B. -
I bought this grill in November of 2018 and it's performing great! We use it multiple times a week, all year round. You can tell that our grill gets used often.
I really like the heat I get from this grill and I've been able to hit temps close to 600˚. I am a huge fan of the stainless steel construction. I live in Oregon, so grills tend to rust. I don't have to worry about that on this one. It heats up very quickly and holds target temp consistently. The 40 pound pellet hopper is very useful and makes for lots of pleasant cooking sessions without having to keep refilling.
One of the highlights is the cooking chamber light. If you have a hard time seeing what the meat looks like. Flip the switch and "Let there be light!"
We use this grill to cook breakfast sausage, bacon, hamburger patties, pork, steak, seasoned veggies, chicken, brats and lots of other food. It's good for small amounts or parties with 20 to 40 people. For high volume cooking, I recommend the expansion rack.
About a year in
Rod Edgar -
You see reviews all the time from folks who just got a product yesterday.
That's not what I need, I want to know what you think after a while.
Been nearly a year and the only regret I have is the $400 I spent on the previous smoker and the $500 on the previous grill. I could have nearly bought one of these guys for that!
I really can't think of a bad thing to say about it, so I won't say anything and you can just assume I feel that everything about it is awesome.
Mike M -
I’ve had the grill for only a few weeks now, and I’m very much a novice when it comes to BBQ, but this grill is off the charts. Sometime back we received some very lean pork loin chops that the market substituted for the pork butt we had ordered. These boneless chops were about 1-1/2” square in cross section and about 6” long. They had DRY written all over them, and a test for the RT-700 if there ever was one. After brining for about an hour, smoked them for 1-1/2 hours at 225 to an internal temp of 140-145. They were moist, tender, succulent, and spectacular. Have also done ribs, chicken, brisket, and pork butt, all to great success. While I have no other pellet grill to compare to, this thing works like a champ. Highly, highly recommended.
Absolutely amazing company and product!
We are so impressed with everything about Rec Tec! The customer service is out of this world and the Bull is an outstanding smoker/grill! We are so impressed by how easy it is to use and how amazing everything tastes! Thank you for a world-class product and 5 star customer service!!!
I’ll tell you right now if you are on the fence about this thing JUST DO IT!!! Been cooking years on everything from gas to stick burners to electric and this thing tops all of them. Super easy to use, unbelievable temp control, outstanding flavor and quality built all the way around. The app makes using the Bull so easy when you are doing other things. Would suggest this to anyone looking for a better experience with their cooks. Absolutely awesome!!!!!
Absolutely Love it
I received this bad boy at the end of March and have used it just about every weekend since. Maintains temperature like a champ. I highly recommend going with the larger Bull. It’s awesome.
absolutely love my 700
Paul Baudry -
Coming from a Cajun Grill, this is my first smoker and find it wonderful. Since receiving it, I have smoked 3 briskets, 2 lamb roasts, 2 rack of lambs, countless pizzas and a few other items. It has gone beyond my expectations of how it would be. Although it wasn’t a necessity, I installed some high temp foam on the lid to keep the smoke in. That’s my only gripe about it is that there wasn’t a gasket on it. Other than that, the build quality is top notch. I fully recommend it to anyone wanting a smoker
ABSOLUTLY top of the line!
Doug Malawey -
I have never been more impressed with a product. This thing is extremely well-built, and incredibly well-engineered. There are some big names in wood pellet smokers out there, and I don't have to mention them for anyone reading this to know who they are. If Rec Tec isn't at the top of that list yet, they will be soon!
I personally bought the RT - 700. When I grill or smoke or barbecue, I like to have leftovers for days. I also like to entertain so I wanted a grill / smoker that I could put a pile of meat on. And I wanted the cold smoke box as well.
The product itself is incredible, and their latest products, along with the PID controller, are Wi-Fi capable. I work in the maintenance industry, and anything heat-related has a PID controller on it, because they're accurate and dependable. And it works exactly like it supposed to on this wood pellet smoker as well. And I have to say, while it isn't a necessity, it was rather entertaining and comforting, to be able to watch the smoker temperature remain steady, and the internal temperature of my tenderloins that I had in the smoker this weekend, from the meat probes that were stuck in them, while I was at the movie theater with the family. Don't worry, I was in the very back row and the brightness on my phone was turned down very low. LOL but yes I could see the smoker remained at a constant temperature and I could watch the internal meat temperature slowly climbing. And while I didn't need to, I could have also adjusted the smoker temperature from my phone.
Most important to me, as if that wasn't already enough, their customer service was what convinced me 100% that I was going with the right product and company. First of all before I spend this kind of money on anything I do my research. I couldn't find anything negative said about the company, the product, or their customer service. And in fact I ran across various comments and forums that talked about the excellent customer service, which is probably one of the most important things to me. You can have the world's greatest product, but if a company can't stand behind it or support you, I don't want anything to do with it. In trying to make a decision, I generated several questions on the morning I was getting ready to call in an order for my RT- 700 even before they were available yet. I wound up calling Rec Tec 5 times that morning. Each time I called somebody different answered the phone. Additionally each time I called, the person who answered was very friendly, took their time and made sure I understood the answer to my question completely. And after the fifth time, I apologize for bothering them so much that morning, and they reassured me no bother at all, to call anytime. So I placed my order and was like a kid at Christmas time waiting on Santa Claus.
Jumping ahead, after using my Rec Tec pellet smoker the first time, I had some questions about technique. I was used to the old manual smokers, where I built the small charcoal fire in the bottom, and then fed water soaked hickory bark in the bottom of it for about 4 hours. The meat always turned out excellent! I will say for me and probably anybody else who is used to smoking that way, that there was a little bit of a learning curve about temperature and time, and wrapping in foil or not. It was Sunday and I didn't want to bother the guys, but I left an inquiry on their website. The following Monday morning I got a call from Adam, who spoke with me extensively on the phone, about various temperatures and techniques that worked well. And specifically regarding ribs he talked to me about the 3 2 1 technique. You'll have to ask him about it. But I was telling a friend of mine everything that I've said here, and more, and he was chuckling and impressed, that Adam called me back and spent 15 minutes on the phone with me talking about barbecuing. That's customer service!
If you haven't figured it out by now, I'll tell you. If you invest in a Rec Tec, you will not regret it. These guys are tops!
Acclaimed Customer Service was less than expected
Michael McManus -
I searched up and down and everywhere for the right pellet grill over the last several years. When it finally came time to finalize the selection the R-700 had started shipping.
I really liked the color and the controller capabilities. I also kept hearing about the great customer service. I have owned the RT-700 for approximately 5 weeks now. My unit shipped with a defective WIFI controller - it happens. I quickly contacted Customer Service via phone - this was a Saturday - and some did try to help me. It turned out I needed to talk to a technician on Monday and was told I would get a call then. No call on Monday so I finally called THEM back. I was told a technician would call me back. That did happen and he quickly determined I needed a new controller. I was also told that some goodies would be shipped my way to help offset the inconvenience.
They did ship me a new controller. However I received no instructions and no additional call. Fortunately, I'm hand enough with electronics that I figured out the shelf disassembly to remove the old controller, hook up the connections to the new controller and put everything back together. Success. Though a pretty big leap of faith that the average customer would be able to do this with no guidance, no instructions.
I received no follow call. I received none of the goodies. To be clear, I don't care about the goodies as much as care about a company doing what they said they would do.
I love this grill, however, I was less than satisfied with the customer service experience.