RT-590 Pellet Grill
- Temperature Controls
- Construction Features
- Power Source
- Fuel Source
- Customer Care
THIS AIN’T NO GAME.
The RT-590 is sized for your family and priced for your wallet. If you find the RT-700 is too much grill for you, and the RT-340 is too small, the RT-590 is the perfect fit for any griller. At 592 square inches, there simply isn’t more bang for your buck anywhere at any price. By focusing on flavor, convenience, and versatility, the RT-590 makes all other grills obsolete. Additionally, our commitment to superior build quality, components, warranty, temperature control, and customer service ensures that you get everything you pay for out of your grill. In short, there isn’t a grill anywhere in the vicinity of this price point that offers the quality of a recteq. Our factory direct pricing eliminates the middleman, changes the game, and makes you the winner. With all the flavor and none of the hassle, recteq offers better flavor than charcoal and are more convenient than gas. You can bake, smoke, sear, grill, and even dehydrate, all with the push of a button. It couldn’t be easier! That’s why those in the know own a recteq
Below are some undisputed facts that prove why recteq Wood Pellet Grills are the premier grill in the industry:
1. Build Quality
recteq utilizes a combination of high-quality stainless steel designed to last a lifetime. They feature a commonsense design that doesn’t have gimmicky features that create weak points, making our grills something you can pass down to your family as a cherished heirloom filled with years of memories. The ultimate outdoor grill by a mile, we encourage you to buy once and buy right instead of buying inferior products over and over.
recteq features stainless steel grates, firepots, heat deflectors, and drip pans. They also feature stainless steel hardware as well. We have never in the history of our company had a firepot fail on us; we’ve even driven over it with a dump truck and a steamroller (we’re not kidding)! recteq also utilizes a ceramic ignitor rod that won’t rust or corrode that’s been rated for up to 100,000 lighting cycles.
recteq offers the best warranty in the industry at this price point. The RT-590 comes with a 4-year bumper-to-bumper warranty that is absolutely unmatched by anyone in the industry. If you encounter a problem, we’re going to make it right. It’s the right thing to do, and it’s that simple.
4. Temperature Control
With the most precise controller on the market, our proprietary Smart Grill Technology™ is designed to maintain temperatures to your desired set point. Also, with WiFi capability, you can control your grill from virtually anywhere! This gives you unmatched control, flexibility, and precision. With your recteq reliably holding temperature, you can cook anything you want without worrying about the wild temperature swings that competitor pellet grills struggle with.
5. Customer Service
You simply will not find a company that offers better customer service than recteq. Would you believe that each customer receives both co-founders’ cell phone numbers with their purchase? Well it’s true, and it’s our duty to make you feel as if you’ve truly become part of the recteq family.
We encourage you to read them. They truly speak for themselves.
With world-class grills, world-class customer service, and world-class customers, it’s time to take your grilling game to the next level!
GAME. SET. MATCH.
- Smart Grill Technology™ Controller | Proprietary PID algorithm maintains temperature precisely
- WiFi Technology | Control and monitor your grill remotely from your wireless device
- Automatic lighting feature | No messy charcoal or unsafe fire starters
- Automatic shutdown feature | Enter cool down mode with the push of a button
- 200ºF to 500ºF in 5º increments | Bake, smoke, sear, grill, broil, roast, and even dehydrate
- Dual meat probes (Probe A, Probe B) | Monitor 2 cooks simultaneously
- LO setting | Extreme smoke operates under 200ºF achieving maximum smoke output
- FULL setting | Allows you to achieve temperatures above 500ºF
- Stainless steel cooking chamber | No paint to fade, flake, or fail
- Iconic micro polished stainless steel bull horn handles | Feel the trademarked recteq quality
- Stainless steel hopper lid | Doubles as a warming surface
- Stainless steel hopper lid piano hinge | Worry free operation for the lifetime of your grill
- Stainless steel fail-proof lid stops | Won't buckle, bend, or break
- Stainless steel spill proof bucket hook | Keep grease bucket from getting knocked off
- (2) Stainless steel pull bar handles | Allows you to easily move your grill
- High temperature powder coated lid with embossed recteq logo | Cleans easily to maintain a vibrant, new appearance
- Rollerblade style wheels and locking casters | Easily move and lock your grill in place
- 30 lb. hopper capacity | Up to 30+ hours of continuous cooking
- Bottom shelf | Provides storage and stability
- 592 sq. in. cooking area | Enough for multiple turkeys and beer can chicken | Fits 5 large racks of ribs
- 772 sq. in. cooking area with optional second shelf | More space means more food
- (2) 304 stainless steel cooking grates | Lasts the lifetime of your grill | Easy to remove and clean
- Centered 304 stainless steel firepot | Indestructible | Won't fail
- 304 stainless steel heat deflector with integrated smoke tray | Evenly distributes heat throughout cooking chamber
- 304 stainless steel drip pan | Funnels grease out of chamber into bucket for easy cleanup
- HotFlash Ceramic Ignition System | Rated at over 100,000 cycles | Nearly 300 years of grilling
- Unique octagonal shape | More headroom than barrel style cookers
- High temperature RTV caulk | Keeps moisture out of grilling chamber
- Probe port hole | No pinching probe wires in your lid
- Heavy duty stainless steel hardware | Won't rust, corrode, or fail
- Rubber grommets on all wire ports | Prevents wire chafing
- Modular construction | Allows for individual component replacement
- Vented component access panels | Easily access components
- 110 Volt AC GFCI outlet | NEC compliant safety standard
- 100% natural hardwood pellets | Gives great flavor, burns cleanly, and produces little ash
- Ships directly to your home | FREE shipping
- 4 Year Warranty | Covers all components
If you are not fully satisfied with your recteq, return it within 30 days and we will refund your purchase price. We are confident that you will love your new recteq wood pellet grill.
Ratings & Reviews
Josh Easter -
I can’t say enough how awesome this grill is. I’ve never owned anything like it. Built like a tank but easy enough for my wife to operate. Fantastic job RecTec!!!
Fast startup and fast shut down reliable temp...almost too easy
Richard Berry -
First pellet grill
Brian Lasiter -
So far so good. Made great Baby back ribs and a pork shoulder. So good Dad is thinking about getting one of his own.
First pellet grill
Jeremy G -
Well, this was my first pellet grill. I had many options out there to buy but upon loads of research it seemed RecTec was the only way to go. There's only my wife and I at the house and these may of been larger than we needed but it'll be nice when we have family and friends over.
First Pellet Grill
Roger Yates -
Being my first Pellet Grill, I did a lot of studying on different companies and grills. Rec Tec stood out for the components their grills are made of. Drove to their office and reviewed their line up. Their staff is extremely helpful and great to work with.
Purchased the Stampede and couldn't be happier. Very easy to assemble. I did the initial burn in and then used it the next day. Lots of room for meat and vegetables. The temperature holds where you set! Turn it on, dial it in, and walk away. It's also very nice to monitor the grill from the app. I did have a faulty meat probe which they immediately sent out a new one.
Very pleased with my purchase and very pleased with how easy it is to smoke or grill my food. Have done pizzas, meatloaf, and ribs along with various vegetables. Love the Stampede!
First Pellet Grill...WOW
Coming from charcoal and then going to a pellet grill is a night and day difference. I love the fact that the application is very nice and can control the grill from anywhere. Assembly was very easy and delivery was a breeze. Getting started was super easy as well. 15 minutes and you are ready to roll. Other than someone else cooking or a recipe issue, I don't know how much easier grilling/smoking could be. I don't think that I would have gone with a different size. The only thing that would be nice, a second rack inside that's removable. I'm just blown away and not sure what took so long to get one.
First Time Pellet cook
Shane Jones -
Now that we are all stuffed and resting from cooking for long hours and eating until our buttons popped I figured I would do my review of the Rec Tec Pellet grill, Stampede model.
First, I ordered on a Sunday night and that Next Friday at 9am is arrived. Assembly was quick and easy and in less than an hour I was doing the first burn and running the grill with the App. The App is glitch free so far and works very well. I can control my grill from anywhere as long as I have phone signal.
What I cooked
13lb whole Brisket, injected
2 14lb Injected Turkeys.
This was about all this grill could hold.
The Brisket went on at Midnight at 215*
The Birds went on at 830am at 215*
10am the Brisket hit 160*, I removed, wrapped in foil with added beef broth and put back in the grill to finish.
Temp was set to 225*
130pm Brisket hit 205*, removed and placed in a cooler
Birds hit 165* at 345 and were carved for eating at 4pm sharp.
First. This cooker held the most perfect temperature ever. The App gives you a graph of temp swings and it never varied more than 2 degrees. Amazing!
The meat probes worked flawlessly. They are with in 1* of my two instant read Thermometers and 2 degrees from my Weber iGrill 2 thermometer.
How did the meat turn out? All I can say is wow. The Turkey was juicy and done perfectly.
The Brisket was a show stopper. A perfect smoke ring, perfect amount of pull and super tender.
Over all this pellet cooker is a keeper. It is not a cheap product and I have no experience with other pellet cookers to say this one is better. What I can tell you is it is worth every penny IMO. The way it keeps the temp is far superior than any stick burner or propane smoker I have ever used and love my stick burners . The App is excellent! Meat was on at 12am and I was a sleep at 1210am. Almost 14hours of cooking at low and slow and used about 12-14lbs of pellets. This is exactly what Rec Tec says I should use with high quality pellets. There is no reason this grill cannot be a dedicated smoker. It does exactly what my Dedicated stick burner does but better. Holds temp better, less fuss, easy clean up, no hot spots and excellent food. It is in every sense of the word, a smoker with the ability to grill. Will there be and is there difference in flavor between a stick burner and pellet grill? Jury is still out. I think a stick burner will give a better bark if that is what your are after. The pellets I used were a blend and I use mostly Oak in my stick burner. So when I do a pork butt I will use the Oak pellets and will have a better idea of flavor differences.
First Time Use Rec Tec 590
Darnell Edmonds -
The best smoke ring I've ever had on my ribs!!! The only hiccup is the drip pan is not the easiest thing to get in and out of the smoker.
Joseph Alsko -
This might be a little premature, but the Stampede gets 5 Stars for what I "don't" have to do to smoke meats. I'm coming from a 22" Weber Smokey Mt. Cooker with a digital controller. It served me well for many years but it's a pain in the butt to get started, especially on cold Colorado mornings.
To get the Weber going, you have to lift the body and lid (if the lid is attached with a hinge) and make sure that you have enough briquettes in the bottom of the smoker to last the entire cooking session. Then you have to get the briquettes going, usually with a chimney starter.
Once you dump the lit briquettes into the base of the Weber, then you have to lift the body and lid and place it back onto the base. I'm 55 and fairly strong, but that gets old after a while.
Then, I plug in the digital controller and hook the fan assembly to the base of the Weber and stick the temperature probe into the body. Once the digital controller boots up (and this can take several power cycles to happen successfully) cooking can begin.
The Weber did give me consistent results, but I would often "not smoke" because of how much trouble it was.
This morning, I went out back to the Stampede, turned it on and set the temp to 225 for my brisket. The hopper was already full from the burn in session that I accomplished yesterday.
The Stampeded got up to 225 degrees fairly quickly even though it was only 32 degrees outside this morning - yes, it's April here in northern Colorado.
I brought the brisket out and placed it on the grill and started smoking it. Sooooo easy!
I also LOVE all of the stainless steel parts of the Stampede!
Here's to many years of delicious smoked meats!
First wood pellet grill
I just got the 590 with competition cart delivered today. I set it up, did the first burn, and smoked some steaks and a tritip. The flavor was amazing and I can only imagine with a little time and practice the 590 will cook better than any steakhouse I can find. Great product, easy to put together, and easy to use.